Sunday, August 12, 2007

My first Egg,


the chickens are now a little over 4 months old, I got them the first week of April and today I found my first egg, it was laid between 6.30 am and 10 am this morning as I had checked the nests when I let the chickens out this morning. They must have heard me talking to them the last week as I was muttering under my breath that it is time to get started. I had put some golf balls into their nests about 10 days ago as well as lined both of the nests with some nice soft bermuda hay. This little egg is still small, but it's a perfect shape and a beautiful light brown color. I don't know yet who laid it, could be one of the Buff Orpingtons or the Delawares, hopefully there will be more eggs soon, it sure is a special moment to find that first egg.

No comments: