Monday, April 16, 2007

2 Weeks old
















Hard to believe how fast these little guys grow. I got them a nice branch yesterday to climb around a little bit.



















As usual, everybody stared at the new item at first. It is really funny, because they all just stand still staring at the item, then usually a few get brave to check it out, and then everybody gets in on the fun.
Today I started to get them to "step up" meaning to step onto my hand. It's quite difficult to work with a group of 10 to teach them stuff, so I hope once they are moved to the outside, I can set up a little training area so I can work with them individually, so each will know their name and a few cues to make husbandry easier. Maybe teach them a few cute tricks too. Chickens are just so much fun and these little babies each have their own personalities.
Tobi started this morning wanting to climb up my arm, she is really eager to get on my hand, today was the first day that I really worked on this and already 5 of them got on my hand, the rest will come up on the branch and take the lettuce from my hand.






No comments: