Thursday, April 26, 2007

Bugs watch out!


I found a cricket when I cleaned up the chicken area today, so I threw it into the sandbox so it couldn't escape, I was curious what the chicks would do when they discovered it. It didn't take long and Tobi hopped into the sand box, when she saw the cricket there was no hesitation, she immediately grabbed it and then slammed the poor insect left and right to the ground, then she ran to the other side of the enclosure and put the bug, that appeared dead, on the ground, picked it up again to slam it some more, I ran to get the camera to take a picture of this historic moment. I got back just in time to take one picture with the bug in her beak, and a few seconds later she swallowed it. Wow, these chicks are not even 4 weeks old and they can already kill and eat a bug. Truly amazing.

No comments: